We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience.
Concept-orientation is a new emerging programming, data modelling and computing paradigm. The main purpose of this site is to serve as a growing resource sharing and organizing the work and thoughts on this new direction in computer science for those interested in learning about it. Data Commandr can be viewed as a spreadsheet for manipulating tables (as opposed to cells). The latest version of Data Commandr is available online as a web application:
[NEW] Data Commandr is a tool for data integration, transformation and analysis created with a single mission: radically simplify and democratize all kinds of operations with data. It employs the familiar spreadsheet approach but instead of cell-formulas it uses column-formulas by avoiding set-oriented operations like join or group-by.
Data Commandr - http://conceptoriented.com
DataCommandr Engine Java. It is an open source Java library which implements the concept-oriented expression language (COEL) for describing data transformations and a high performance column-oriented data processing engine for their execution. It can be viewed as a Big Data calculator or Big Data spreadsheet because it provides an easy way to define quite complex data transformations. The source code for the project can be found here: http://bitbucket.org/conceptoriented/dc-core
Concept-oriented expression language (COEL) is new column-oriented formula language for easily defining data columns in terms of already existing data columns as opposed to the classical row-oriented approach where data tables are defined in terms of other tables.
COEL formulas Examples of formulas written in the concept-oriented expression language (COEL) such as calculated columns, link columns and accumulation columns.
- Informal Introduction into the Concept-Oriented Programming - This paper provides a simple introduction into the concept-oriented programming (PDF)
- Informal Introduction into the Concept-Oriented Data Model This paper provides a simple introduction into the concept-oriented data model (PDF)
- FAQ on the Concept-Oriented Programming (COP)This FAQ is intended to answer questions on the concept-oriented programming. In particular, it introduces and explains main COP principles, main COP constructs and mechanisms, and main COP programming patterns.
- FAQ on the Concept-Oriented Data Model (COM)This FAQ answers such questions as what is the concept-oriented data model (COM) syntax and semantics, what are concepts and items, dimensions and relationships, grouping and aggregation. It also covers some implementation issues and provides a comparison with other data models and data modeling approaches.
- Concept-oriented discussion forum on this site Here you can ask questions, discuss problems, formulate open problems and make other posts related to the concept-oriented paradigm.
- [NEW] A. Savinov, From Group-By to Accumulation: Data Aggregation Revisited. Internet of Things, Big Data and Security (IoTBD 2017), 24-26 April, 2017, Porto, Portugal, 370-379. PDF
- [NEW] A. Savinov, Concept-oriented model: the functional view, Eprint: arXiv:1606.02237 [cs.PL], 2016. PDF
- [NEW] A. Savinov, Joins vs. Links or Relational Join Considered Harmful. International Conference on Internet of Things and Big Data (IoTBD 2016), 23-25 April, 2016, Rome, Italy, 362-368. PDF
- [NEW] A. Savinov, DataCommandr: Column-Oriented Data Integration, Transformation and Analysis. International Conference on Internet of Things and Big Data (IoTBD 2016), 23-25 April, 2016, Rome, Italy, 339-347. PDF
- A. Savinov, Concept-oriented programming: from classes to concepts and from inheritance to inclusion, Eprint: arXiv:1501.00720 [cs.PL], 2015. PDF
- A. Savinov, ConceptMix: Self-Service Analytical Data Integration based on the Concept-Oriented Model, Proc. 3rd International Conference on Data Technologies and Applications (DATA 2014), Vienna, Austria, 29-31 August 2014, 78-84. PDF, Slides
- A. Savinov, Concept-oriented model and nested partially ordered sets, Technische Universität Dresden, Technical Report TUD-Fl14-01, March 2014. http://nbn-resolving.de/urn:nbn:de:bsz:14-qucosa-140652
- A. Savinov, Concept-oriented model, Encyclopedia of Business Analytics and Optimization, J.Wang (Editor), IGI Global, 502-511, 2014. PDF.
- A. Savinov, Concept-oriented query language, Encyclopedia of Business Analytics and Optimization, J.Wang (Editor), IGI Global, 512-522, 2014. PDF.
- A. Savinov, References and arrow notation instead of join operation in query languages, Computer Science Journal of Moldova 20(3), 313-333, 2012. PDF.
- A. Savinov, Concept-Oriented Programming: Classes and Inheritance Revisited, Proc. 7th International Conference on Software Paradigm Trends (ICSOFT 2012), Rome, Italy, 24-27 July, 2012, 381-387. PDF
- A. Savinov, Inference in Hierarchical Multidimensional Space, Proc. International Conference on Data Technologies and Applications (DATA 2012), Rome, Italy, 25-27 July 2012, 70-76. PDF
- A. Savinov, Concept-Oriented Model: Classes, Hierarchies and References Revisited, Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences 3(4), 456-470, 2012. PDF.
- A. Savinov, Concept-Oriented Model: Extending Objects with Identity, Hierarchies and Semantics, Computer Science Journal of Moldova 19(3), 254-287, 2011. PDF.
- A. Savinov, Concept-Oriented Query Language for Data Modeling and Analysis, Advanced Database Query Systems: Techniques, Applications and Technologies, L. Yan, Z. Ma (Eds), IGI Global, 2011, 85-101.
- A. Savinov, Concept-Oriented Programming, Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, 2nd Edition, Editor: Mehdi Khosrow-Pour, 672-680, IGI Global, 2009.
- A. Savinov, Concept-Oriented Model, Handbook of Research on Innovations in Database Technologies and Applications: Current and Future Trends, Editors: Viviana E. Ferraggine, Jorge H. Doorn, Laura C. Rivero, 171-180, IGI Global, 2009.
- A. Savinov, Nested Ordered Sets and their Use for Data Modelling, Eprint: arXiv:0806.4749 [cs.DB], 2008. PDF
- A. Savinov, Concepts and Concept-Oriented Programming, Journal of Object Technology, vol. 7, no. 3, March-April 2008, pp. 91-106. PDF
- A. Savinov, Two-Level Concept-Oriented Data Model, Technical Report RT0006, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, Academy of Sciences of Moldova, 40pp., 2007. PDF
- A. Savinov, An Approach to Programming Based on Concepts, Technical Report RT0005, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, Academy of Sciences of Moldova, 49pp., 2007. PDF
- A. Savinov, Concepts and their Use for Modelling Objects and References in Programming Languages, Technical Report RT0004, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, Academy of Sciences of Moldova, 43pp., 2007. PDF
- A. Savinov, Query by Constraint Propagation in the Concept-Oriented Data Model, Computer Science Journal of Moldova, Vol. 14, No. 2, 219-238, 2006. PDF, PS
- A. Savinov, Indirect Object Representation and Access by Means of Concepts, Technical Report, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, Academy of Sciences of Moldova, September 2006. PDF
- A. Savinov, Grouping and Aggregation in the Concept-Oriented Data Model, Proc. ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2006), April 23-27, 2006, Dijon, France, 482-486. PDF
- A. Savinov, Concept as a Generalization of Class and Principles of the Concept-Oriented Programming, Computer Science Journal of Moldova 13(3), 292-335, 2005. PDF, PS.
- A. Savinov, Hierarchical Multidimensional Modelling in the Concept-Oriented Data Model, Proc. the 3rd international conference on Concept Lattices and Their Applications (CLA'05), Olomouc, Czech Republic, September 7-9, 2005, 123-134. PDF
- A. Savinov, Logical Navigation in the Concept-Oriented Data Model, Journal of Conceptual Modeling (http://www.inconcept.com/jcm), August 2005, PDF
- A. Savinov, Grouping and Aggregation in the Concept-Oriented Data Model, Acta Academia 2005, Chisinau, Moldova, 2005 (in Russian). PDF
- A. Savinov, Principles of the Concept-Oriented Data Model, Technical Report, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, Academy of Sciences of Moldova, 54pp., November 2004, 54pp. PDF